Sunday, October 10, 2010

Living with the beast.


So for my health and wellness class, I have to write an essay on a disease or disorder of my choice, so naturally I chose to write it on Psoriasis. I've been thinking about what that entails though. As much as I want to raise awareness about psoriasis, standing up in front of my entire class and talking about scabbed lesions and living my embarrassing lifestyle with psoriasis doesn't sound very healthy for my self conscience. When it's likely that there are hardly any people in the class who realize I have psoriasis, it would make them more aware of my situation and I dunno, it just feels like, why would I want to bring more attention to my problem when my entire goal every day when I wake up before school is basically hiding it? I really don't want to give anyone a reason to google psoriasis and then think about me. I'm so thankful my psoriasis doesn't look nearly as bad as anything I saw on google image search but still, those images are pretty harsh for someone who hasn't lived with or seen what psoriasis looks like.

So I've decided to chose another topic. I have a little less than a month to write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment