Monday, August 9, 2010

Things I'm trying out, Neem powder and Indigo Naturalis powder

I'm just gonna post some pictures of a few things I will be trying in the next few months...

Fu Fang Qing Dai Wan

I don't even remember where I heard about this stuff, I think I was just googling psoriasis treatments or something (I'm constantly researching over and over /reading articles randomly for new clues) I actually got a box of this in the mail yesterday and started taking it. It doesn't really taste like anything, well kinda just a little gritty like herbs... the lady I bought them from on Ebay told me to eat 3 packets a day er well drink 3 packets a day just drink them down with water. It's kinda hard but I'll get used to it. I ate 3 packets then decided to go to a birthday party out in Seattle and drank some liquor (I know, I'm terrible!) so I'm gonna wait a day or to to pick it back up and do it right. I bought 3 boxes, (12 packets each) so essencially I have enough for 12 days worth if I'm totally loyal to it and dont skip etc, and the lady said I'd need AT LEAST 3 boxes, I will try to take em all faithfully starting in a few days to see how if it works and if it does, see if 12 days worth is worth the like 22 bucks it cost to buy all 3 boxes.

Oh yeah thats right, now I remember how I came across that Fu-Fang. I typed Psoriasis in Yahoo answers and started just reading away and I heard of a lot of people who were using Champori to get rid of their psoriasis, but i didn't feel like spending like 66 bucks on a 4 oz thing of it so I was looking at the ingredients of Champori and I guess the main ingredient is Indigo naturalis which is a Chinese herb which is also known as Qing dai. according to http://indigonaturalis.com/  so I decided to google that and see what I could learn about it and thats when I stumbled upon this: 
http://eastearthtrade.com/indigonaturalisqingdai4ozpowder.aspx


I just decided to up and buy it (4 oz for about 23 bucks) because I got into a little bit of a self-medicating spree. While looking at that I ran across Neem powder. (Also on the same site, so I also bought 4 oz of that for about 6 bucks shipped) They got to my house in about 4 days.. not bad!
http://eastearthtrade.com/neem-4ozpowder.aspx





Now, although that vid doesn't really say anything about psoriasis victims, It came up right next to the indigo naturalis on the east Earth Trade site as a potential item for psoriasis. It's not directly for psoriasis but it does say it's very impressive for acne and other skin problems, and this site (http://www.neemgenie.co.uk/psoriasis.html) does say a lot about it working for psoriasis. I did some research into how I could maybe use all this powder I'll be getting and some sources suggested it can be mixed with pretty much anything. (shampoo, body wash lotions etc.) A long time ago I was doing random research about something (I forget what) but I ended up buying some DMSO Gel (Dimethyl sulfoxide) because I'm weird I guess and maybe thought I would find a way to try to make it work for psoriasis. Supposedly anything you mix with it will get carried through the skin really well or some shit... heres some better info if you wanna read:  http://www.dmso.org/articles/information/muir.htm
Fuck it, maybe this will work?

Well it's been pretty much sitting in my bathroom closet for 2 years and now I have all this powder with nothing to mix it in! BLING! haha ok so I figured I'd use it to mix with the powder and make a kinda lotion/gel thingy to spread on my arms.
Hoover M.D. tryin' new stuff haha!

I just poured a little bit... it's all an experiment at this moment... not exactly sure how much of what to use... but I'm sure this is how all the best inventions start out right?
So I mixed up these little bitches and there was thunder claps in the background and a hard rain started coming down... haha just kidding.
This is after the mixings, the Indigo was kinda hard to mix, it didn't take very well at first and was very gooey, also be careful, this stuff is what they supposedly used to dye blue-jeans with, so it stains pretty bad I hear...
The Neem mixed up pretty well, and was generally overall more salve-looking.


I'm kinda tired and I'm gonna go to bed, but my next post will have some actual pictures of what my psoriasis looks like and before and after pics of the first two days of applying this stuff!

Theres a lot of other things I plan to try later, only because I already paid for FuFangQingDaiWan and and the powders that i need to use up before I buy anything else.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, can you update about your experiment results?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes please ... I would like to be updated as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. While these herbal pills may be of some benefit to you, you should not actually ingest the blue powder itself. Gastro-intestinal, liver, and kidney problems may occur with varying harm. The better course is to apply topically according to recent studies from Chang Gung Memorial Hospital in Taiwan, q.v., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19015420. Follow links for the other studies by the same doctors, including recent tests to refine the ointment. I myself have used the crude ointment, and am attempting to refine according to the researchers in Taiwan. It is messy as you can see from your indigo/neem concoction, and it is advisable to wear dark blue pajamas in bed or underwear if using while clothed as it stains everything (and can be removed in the wash with some success). After just two weeks, flaking and redness are reduced; the test patients found up to 74% clearing of plaques after 12 weeks. Itching from the ointment does occur, and may be quite bad depending upon one's reaction to the ointment, though I have found it no more severe than from other topicals (Vit D, corto-steroid, etc.). Of course, keep in mind one may be allergic to the indigo. The ingredients (indigo powder, petroleum jelly, olive oil, and pharmacy wax) are so cheap, and the indigo is easily obtained if one lives near a large enough Chinese immigrant population (I live in LA, so no problem).

    ReplyDelete